Playing with Soft Pastel Colors

Hi, fashionista! Today I have a guest post from Oh Dear Bumblebees . Its author, Mitch, has a journalist background and a love of beauty ...



Hi, fashionista! Today I have a guest post from Oh Dear Bumblebees. Its author, Mitch, has a journalist background and a love of beauty and fashion products. Her blog has been sponsored by many beauty and fashion brands because of her influence in the beauty world and since she always gives in-depth honest reviews toward the products. I hope you enjoy this first guest post about fashion-related topic.


Playing with Soft Pastel Colors

So I'm creating this fashion inspiration set; a topic I rarely talk about on my blog. Although I did this kind of post before on my blog (perhaps you want to check it out), then I got *cough* lazy to start curating again after that one post. HA. However, Stephanie (Oh! She's my sister if you didn't know) started her own blog and she posted about fashion, so I got thrilled by it and thought I should give it another shot, not in my blog, but in hers.

Let's get this started, shall we?

As someone who loves to look comfy yet stylish at the same time, I like to keep my outfit casual. Usually I'd just put everything together, play with colors (not all the time though) and accessories. With Spring season just around the corner, it's very natural for us to start neglecting dark colors in our closet and pick brighter colors just to show some hint of renewal and warmer season that's coming.






A lightweight denim, with grey tanktop is a perfect pair to look stylish, but is it comfy enough? Yes for Summer, but I don't think so for Spring as the temperature in Spring season could change quickly. My tip is to always bring a jacket or anything else that you think will be warm enough. It's easier to take off layers if you feel hot, right? 

Still, we have this other main goal, which is to look attractive! It could be tricky, therefore I opted for a neutral gray colored tanktop and a pastel pink outerwear as well as classic gold and silver colored accessories because such casual piece can look fancier with jewelry. If you don't mind, check out the link, I put some alternatives too, such as a combination of white jacket with soft pink beanie. I think it's even perfect for someone who would rather pull off less colors in their outfit.

  
Get the look!

  1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Cat Eye Sunglasses | similar
  2. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau de Toilette
  3. Chanel Boy Flap Bag Small
  4. Birkenstock Arizona White Sandals
  5. 2020Ave Open Tie Back Terry Athletic Tank | similar
  6. Mango Boyfriend Jeans | similar
  7. Kenzo Circle Jacket | similar
  8. Pandora Sterling Silver & Pink Multi-strand Bracelet
  9. Kenzo Tiger Head Earrings
  10. Dorothy Perkins Six Pack of Rings | similar
  11. Wet Seal Statement Beanie | similar
  12. Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Skeleton Watch

What do you think on my picks? How do you style in Spring? Would you dress in this kind of outfit or do you have any better suggestion? Let me know!


Author: Mitch from 'Oh Dear Bumblebees'

You Might Also Like

45 comments

  1. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful selection! I love the top!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those items! pastel colors are the best <3
    especially liked the pink jacket


    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete


  4. Love your post, great content! Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!! Have a great weekend!!

    MyLyfeMyStory


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harija :) Have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  5. love these shades, great selection
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    <<< Pamela Soluri fashion blogger >>>
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pastel pink jacket! Great selection!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thank you for supporting this blog :)

      Delete
  8. great selection of pastel items...I really like that watch...and the jeans are so cool.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pastels are great colors for the summer and spring... we need lightening up after the winter xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything in this wish list! Very beautiful choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! and the hat!
    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pastel inspiration !!

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is so cute and has me so excited for spring x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect set!
    <3
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love anything pastel ♥ these are some pretty nice choices

    Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing!
    Love the jacket! wow!!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ilove that jacket,its so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pastels, and this summer's I am only going to be wear pops. love ur choices though.
    New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pastels are perfect for spring! I love the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wish I could have every piece in this post..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images