Which one to choose? L'Oréal Paris: Kérastase Nutritive Oleo Relax Vs. L'Oréal Nutritive Oleo Therapy

"Oh, I love Blake Lively! She is one of my inspirational celebrities in the fashion world. She is always a head-turner -- create...

Blake Lively with L'Oreal Paris
"Oh, I love Blake Lively! She is one of my inspirational celebrities in the fashion world. She is always a head-turner -- creates her own fashion and insists to style herself instead of having a personal stylist. She has a deep love of fashion! I admire her because of her creativity."



Which one to choose?


Kerastase Vs. L'Oreal Oleo

"To be quite honest, I love both of them! Both of them work great on my hair. However, wise buyers will always pick the cheaper one with the same result. Won't they?"


I have been using hair serum since I was in high school. FYI, I have done many experiments to my hair ranging from hair straightening to curling and then dying, and even hair extensions. That is why I really need some hair supplements such as hair serum in order to keep my hair healthy. In the past, I routinely used Kérastase Nutritive Oléo-Relax Serum and then changed it to L'Oréal Nutritive Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence today.



To be short, Kérastase is the high-end luxury line of L'Oréal Paris. While the L'Oréal brand itself is more affordable and also offers similar products in terms of quality. Kérastase Nutritive Oléo-Relax Serum performs many tasks at once: it hydrates, de-frizzes, shines, detangles, adds softness and helps style my hair. My hair stylist recommended me to use this product especially to prevent my processed curly hair from tangling. The thing that I like most about Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax Serum is the fact that it doesn’t weigh my hair down. In addition, it has a fresh and clean scent that lingers in my hair all day long. I had been using this serum for about a year until I finally changed my hair style into straight and stopped using it because it drained my wallet. 

Here are some other Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax products to complete your treatment:

Kerastase Oleo Relax
Product Quality: B+

Product: 7.5/10         Texture: 9/10         Longevity: 7/10        Application:8/10

Total:  79%
 
Product Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, etc

Type of hair: Curly, wavy, kinky, dry, frizz or tangled hair

Function: Help soften and detangled hair, silicone to help fight frizz, Nutri-Huile Complexe nourish the hair and give immediate smoothing to the hair cuticles
Will I re-purchase? Maybe!

http://api.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=438152869&pid=uid9561-32704669-66




More Kérastase products:


 
goo.gl/JoKxdn

 
L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil-Essence works just like the expensive Kérastase serum, but costs me only half the price. The other good thing about this serum is that it is 100% vegan as they use natural botanicals in their ingredients. The serum is lightweight and soft, it makes my hair smooth like silk. The scent of this serum is also very high-end and unique - like nothing I have ever used before! It has a soft smell like a mixture of baby powder and light floral scent. Although the texture of the serum is thicker than Kérastase, but it doesn't make my hair greasy. In fact, I found that Kérastase serum makes my hair oily in the next day.


L'Oreal Oleo TherapyL'Oreal Oleo TherapyL'Oreal Oleo TherapyL'Oreakl Oleo Therapy
The Application


For the application, I usually need about four small pumps to cover my entire medium long hair. As you can see from the picture, the L'Oréal serum is fairly thick, similar to a gel but not too thick that it cannot be delivered via a dropper. For the texture itself, I actually like Kérastase one better since it has a really nice watery-like texture. However, you can not judge things from their appearance solely since we often make a wrong judgement.

In addition, L'Oréal also has an entire line of Oleo Therapy products, take a look:
1. L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Sulfate-free Shampoo
2. L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask
3. L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Self-heating Hot Oil

Both Kérastase Nutritive Oléo-Relax Serum or L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil-Essence have their pros and cons. As for myself, I will continue using L'Oréal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil-Essence for the next few years. It has reasonable reasons for me to continue the purchase, because not only is the serum affordable but also gives a great result to my hair.


L'Oreal Oleo Therapy
Product Quality: A

Product: 9/10         Texture: 8/10         Longevity: 9.5/10        Application: 8/10

Total:  86%
 
Product Ingredients: Natural Botanical Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Capric Triglyceride, Caprylic Argania Spinosa Oil, Coconut Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria Flower Extract), Isoeugenol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Linalool, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Carrot Oil (Beta-Carotene)
Type of hair: Dull, dry, damaged hair
Function: Beautifies each hair strand for intense shine and ultimate lasting softness and a silky finish. No weigh-down and non-greasy. Natural botanicals, 6 flower oils and 100% vegan.
Will I re-purchase? Yes, definitely!

<div data-sc-widget-id="P-6418a4925204d65320738167"></div><script async src="//widgets.shopstyle.com/shopstyle-widget-snippet.js"></script>


More L'Oréal products:

You Might Also Like

60 comments

  1. Fabulous review. Loved your detailed post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you love it! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. I love that the L'Oreal version is vegan, so cool! Great review, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, babe! Yes, the vegan part is the plus point!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love a good hair oil! I definitely have dry hair so this L'Oreal one looks like a must. Thanks for the great, in-depth review!

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should def try this one. It works like a charm on dry hair!

      Delete
  4. love her too! never tried any of those :)

    i am following you. hope that you can do the same so that we can keep in touch!

    mind-tricks.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blake Lively is a smart fashionista. Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  5. this shampoo seems great!

    modaodaradosti.blogspot.h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello !
    Welcome to the "Directory Blogspot"
    We are pleased to accept your blog in the division: United States of America
    with the number 1012
    We hope that you will know our website from you friends,
    Invite your friends by giving them the "Directory award"
    This is the only way to expand the site.
    The activity is only friendly
    Important! Remember to follow our blog. thank you
    Have a great day
    friendly
    Chris
    For other bloggers who read this text come-register
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.fr/search/label/America%20North%20United%20States%20____1012%20%20%20Members
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration
    Thank you for your understanding
    ++++
    Get a special price "Directory award" for your blog! with compliments
    Best Regards
    Chris
    A pleasure to offer you a degree for your site
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/04/13//15041305193618874513168342.png

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post, great!
    You have great blog!

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing post! thanks for follow, i follow u :)

    another earth pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have to try it. Great post! x
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Followed you via GFC. Waiting for you to follow back! :)

    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and following my blog dear. Keep in touch! :)

      Delete
  10. I used both Kerastase and L'oreal both are amazing brand but to be honest, I haven't try this product before, Great post dear and I might try this soon. My hair need some TLC ^_^

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post and lovely photos!
    wish you a lovely weekend ahead!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I'm interested in that L'Oreal serum, looks and sounds like a great product!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just followed you with gfc.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the oil essence. I have this really addiction to oils so I chose it.. I followed you already on gfc..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great comparison. I love your scoring system. It really tells it all in a nutshell.

    Your new blog is gorgeous! Best of luck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jean!
      It's been a long time since we last spoke in my old blog. Thanks for visiting my new blog and your support. It's really great to see you in blogosphere again.

      Keep blogging &
      Stay in touch!

      xx

      Delete
  16. Very nice detailed post, I enjoyed reading it =)

    I followed you via GFC, hopw you follow back as well :)
    http://ohladymania.blogspot.com/

    .

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could do this kind of hair routine as religiously as you do! It's hard to be committed I guess :P or maybe it's that I don't really care with my hair -__-

    Btw, what's your hair condition? Mine is a bit oily at roots (which makes me have to shampoo every night) and very dry at the ends (but I'm lazy to use conditioner sometimes), which one would you recommend me? Should I use additional product or just stay committed to conditioner first *sigh*

    Share me your other tips to have fab hair like yours! And how to motivate myself, perhaps?

    P.S: Join my pre-Spring giveaway and win a pair of sunglasses of your choice.

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie,

      Thanks for stopping by and for making this very valuable comment on my blog. To answer your questions, I will make some points here.

      Point 1. What's my hair condition?
      My hair condition is combination but tends to normal. A bit oily at roots and a little dry at the ends due to frequent heat styling. I could say that we have a similar hair type.

      Point 2. Which kind of treatments would I recommend you?
      I would say you should do several steps of hair treatment ranging from using hair conditioner to hair mask/spa:
      Step 1. Conditioner. If you have oily roots and very dry hair ends, don't forget to use conditioner first 'before' you shampoo your hair. And after you finished shampooing your hair, apply more conditioner only to your hair ends and rinse.
      Step 2. Hair Tonic. Hair tonic is very good to maintain hair balance and reduce hair problems. It will helps to nourish your whole hair and give shine to each strand of your hair so it will be less dry. Additionally, it helps to balance the excess oil at your roots
      Step 3. Hair Serum. You can try this L'oreal hair serum! Just apply some small pumps to your hair strands. Ps: avoid the roots area!
      Step 4. Hair Mask. Do a routine hair mask treatment every each week. Apply a hair mask only to your hair strands and cover them with hot towels for 15-20 minutes. And rinse.
      Step 5. Beans. Eat healthy foods such as beans to maintain your hair health. Additionally, exercise regularly for a healthy body and mind.

      Point 3. How to motivate yourself?
      In some pieces of paper, please write all of those steps above and hang them in your room, where you can see it every day after you wake up and before you go to sleep.

      Hopefully, it will work for you! Happy trying :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. OMG!! I remember that time back then when my hair felt super healthy. That was because of the hair tonic! I should repurchase it ASAP. Thanks for the detailed answer and reminding me ^^

      Delete
  18. Great blog!
    Have a nice evening!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for share it!! I didnt try them.

    kisses
    www.aprendiendoaquererme.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this blog *.* I just followed you ♥ Follow me back if you want ^^

    Jess
    http://avenue-de-la-mode.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a helpful post, and how gorgeous does Blake look x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a great post,i love blake lively she is beautiful
    The both products are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Steph! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I was going to say Kerastase (because I love their products) until I saw your review. Looks like L'Oreal is the better choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!
      L'oreal one has a better price :)

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Thank you for being our loyal reader, Emily :)

      Delete
  25. great review...pass here again :-)

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images